All 58 Celebrity Cameos In This One ‘Sesame Street’ YouTube Video, Ranked
This is probably already obvious to you, but I have a new-ish baby. “Ish” because she is an age where is incredibly seduced by the charms Elmo, and honestly, I get it.
Her interest in all things Elmo is the reason why I have now seen this two-hour video on YouTube, titled “Sesame Street: Celebrity Songs Compilation with Elmo and Friends!,” probably 100 times. And as I watched it and watched it and watched it, I realized that I had opinions. And they were STRONG.
I anticipate a few complaints, and I’d like to address them before we begin.
- You may feel like I am being unfair to country music, just because it is country music. You’re probably right.
- You may feel like I have paid WAAAAY too much attention to the celebrities’ and the puppets’ respective outfits. You’re definitely right.
- You may feel like this doesn’t really matter. On one level, you’re right. On another level, no one has done this yet, and I am pretty sure this is the main thing the internet is for.
- You may complain that you don’t know who Luke is. He is my husband, and he has watched this video roughly half as many times as I have, which is still a lot.
Alright! Let’s do this thing.
58. Thomas Rhett — “This Is My Street”
This song is boring, pointless, and has offensively terrible rhymes. Case in point: “See people in the neighborhood / draw with Big Bird, that would really be good.” GIVE ME A BREAK. Children are not able to go to Sesame Street, because it’s on television, making the whole premise of this song unrelatable. This is a braggy snoozer where Thomas Rhett basically just says, “I get to go to a place you never get to go, children, hahahaha, take that.”